Sunday, November 13, 2016

What They Thought About Humpty

Prologue

All the King’s horses and all the King’s men
Couldn’t put Humpty together again

What the King’s men thought

This King has drunk too many kegs
He forgets we’re the palace guards
What do we know of broken eggs?
That Humpty is nothing but shards 

What the King’s horses thought

We are horses, for God’s sake
We don’t even have any hands
We’re ever so sad to see Humpty break
But the King should rethink his commands

What the King thought

These are the world’s worst horses
And I’ll need to replace all my men
Next week I’ll get better resources
We’ll put Humpty together again

What the Queen thought

My husband the king is a schnook
He didn’t even put me in the rhyme
I’ll bring this smashed egg to our cook
She’ll whip up an omelet sublime

What Humpty thought

I should never have sat on that wall
I’ve always been wobbly and tippy
Now I’m broken into pieces so small
That my innards are disgustingly drippy

What Humpty’s mother thought

How could you do this, cruel Humpty?
Fate has played us a terrible joke
It’s painful to even be a Dumpty
We’ve nothing of Humpty but yolk

What Humpty’s wife thought

I fear that's the end for my Humpty
He was always a fragile sort
We planned for a baby Dumpty
But now I am free to cavort



No comments:

Post a Comment