Sunday, November 13, 2016

Blue Is For Kitty

If my cat could change color
I think she would want to be blue
Blue as the sky on the Fourth of July
Though green is a good color too

Green makes me think of cabbage and peas
I could add these to Kitty’s stew
A cat dyed green would stand out in the crowd
Yet pink is a hip color too

Pink is the tint of an infant’s skin
For a cat, that’s radically new
Kitty already has a pinkish tongue
Though red is a smart color too

Red is the color of rubies
I’d love to buy Kitty a few
Rubies would make her neck sparkle
But purple would more than make do

Purple reminds me of vampires
At my throat evil Kitty would chew
She’d be another of Dracula’s brides
That’s why orange is a much better hue

Orange is a favorite color for cats
I know you have seen quite a few
Kitty, in fact, was orange at birth
That’s why I was thinking of blue

Yes, blue would be best for my Kitty
I could show her off at the zoo
But in fact I don’t really own a cat
So some of my poem is untrue


No comments:

Post a Comment