Sunday, October 7, 2018

My Very First Post Mo dern Po emmmm

In the beginning
Darkness….Silence
The cavern entrance sealed
A cesspool of rancid        liquid
laps against tender walls
Nausea ….. Vomitus
Leeches and deadly eels
wriggle toward 
the surface
Putrid odors of the primeval lake
       threaten to befoul 
the earth and the heavens

[Author note #1: My first stanza, as is clear from its many metaphors (beginning, darkness, cavern, liquid, walls, odors, nausea, etc.), is a description of what my mouth tastes like when I first wake up in the morning.]

The sun creaks over the hilltops
Lyrical songs of the meadow lark
Gentle winds sweep the cobwebs
off white stone fences
and waft delicate fragrances
of lilacs and wisteria 
across the Elysian fields 

[Author note #2:  Continuing my early morning experience at the bathroom sink, the second stanza describes what my mouth tastes like after I brush my teeth with Colgate toothpaste.]  

Suddenly
the thunderclouds part              Lightning flashes!!!
Yellow eyes blazing
Vengeance afoot
Protecting the vulnerable sibling 
The Black Beast spreads her massive wings 
ripping at my rib cage with her talons
feasting on pungent black blood
Near death, heart ripped asunder
I seek and draw sustenance from the pale brown tortoni
A flicker of hope
Then a choir of angels 
Salvation
Redemption 

[Author note #3: Later in the day, my concluding stanza describes how much my mouth enjoys  butterscotch ice cream after my Mother punishes me for torturing my younger Brother.]

La Fin          Lopussa          Koniec




No comments:

Post a Comment