Thursday, March 2, 2017

Bigfoot Lives

Last month I went on a U.P. trip
I found a motel near Birch Creek
I hadn’t been home for years and years
The land still had its mystique

I hiked for miles in the wilds of the forest
Woods teeming with cedar and pine      
The snow on the ground made walking a struggle
Dead deer were an ominous sign

I found large tracks heading off to the north
Two feet long and nearly as wide
It couldn’t have been a bear or a cougar
It had moved with a gigantic stride

I followed those tracks to the heart of the woods
A loud wail burst forth from the trees
At a distance I saw a blurry shape
I felt myself flinch and then freeze

The creature started to come for me
I couldn’t believe my own eyes
He must have stood over eight feet tall
And he bellowed great howls and cries
           
I started to run as fast as I could
But the beast was much faster than me
He knocked me to the ground with a piercing blow
Then he pinned down my chest with his knee

He had blazing red eyes and horns on his head
He was covered with matted black fur
I kicked and struggled and tried to break free
But his foul breath made my eyes blur

The monster pummeled my head with his arms
He was snorting like a bull through his snout
My heart was pounding like a battery of drums
It was then that I must have passed out

When I finally came to, the beast was gone
I’m amazed I survived my ordeal
Some people still wonder if Bigfoot exists
This poem surely proves he is real



No comments:

Post a Comment