Friday, October 25, 2019

Black T's

     

The Goodwill arranges its T-shirts by color
I skip past the white and the gray
I usually thumb through the red and the blue
But it’s black shirts that carry the day 

Black T-shirts, so forceful, so strong
Most thugs never mug a wearer
Even big guys step out of the way
While their kiddies look on in sheer terror 

Black T-shirts remind me of zombies
Of panthers and black bears and rhinos
Tarantulas and scorpions are blacker than night
Many dreaded creatures that cause human woes

Nosferatu and Dracula always wear black
Darth Vader and Lord Voldemort
Plus scary good guys, John Wick, The Dark Knight
James Dean, other rebels of his sort

Black stands for mystery, power and death 
Why I’m drawn to this color is odd
In truth, I am more of a lime green guy
But for fantasy, black’s my facade  



No comments:

Post a Comment