Monday, August 1, 2022

AT THE SYMPHONY

 

Schumann 
Wonder how long it will be? 
Should be pleasant 

These are really good seats 
Probably cost a fortune 
Katja should have asked me 
Balcony would have been fine 
Maybe even better 
That woman has pretty hair 
I wonder if it’s natural 
Unusual color 
Must be dyed 

I need a haircut so badly 
I hate going to the barber 
Hate having to make small talk 
It doesn’t matter 
I don’t need to look decent 
I don’t even need to shave 
A retirement perk 

I wonder how the department is doing? 
It’s amazing how quickly I forgot my career 
I never give it a thought 
They’ve probably forgotten me too 

I do still have all my books and papers 
What will happen to my stuff when I die?   
We don’t even have graves at Spring Grove 
I want to be cremated 
but I’ll probably die first 
and Katja will stick me in a casket 

Charles died last week 
I am running out of friends  
They either die or move away 
We’ll have to get along on our own I
hope we’re able to stay in our house 

Whoops, there’s the end 
(I stand and applaud enthusiastically)

No comments:

Post a Comment