Monday, January 14, 2019

Lost and Found

Walking home from the Library
I happened to look down
and there on the sidewalk
a shiny silver stylus
identical to the one I use
to tap out messages on my iPhone
I was more than excited
A new stylus costs ten to fifteen dollars
I could use a spare stylus
In fact, I had my own
in my trouser pocket
I reached in to get it to compare
it with my newfound stylus
Much to my surprise
my stylus wasn’t in my pocket
Then it dawned on me
The reason that this new stylus
looked identical to my old stylus
is that
I had dropped my stylus on the sidewalk
on the first half of my walk
and then I had found it again
on the second half
In brief, I had rediscovered my own stylus
This was extraordinary
What are the odds?
I was disappointed
not to have two styluses
but also fortunate not to have zero styluses
In retrospect, I was very lucky
The finder could have been a five-year-old child
Now I am curious how many things
I lose from my pockets on my walks
I am trying to be more vigilant  



No comments:

Post a Comment