Monday, June 12, 2017

My Achilles Tendon and I

I don’t even know how this happened
A punishment for having bad thoughts? 
I raced across the street to dodge a bus
When I felt my leg tie up in knots

This happened on May Twenty-Three
Since then I’ve not gone here or there
Though I’m one percent better each day
I still plant both feet on each stair

My world, as I know it, has come to its end
No workouts, no Zumba, no dancing
I’ve ended all hikes in the forest
All running, all skipping, all prancing

I’ve stopped doing walks to my office
All sojourns to our new grocery store
I don’t even browse at the the yard sales
I’d have to say life is a bore

Of course I’m still living and breathing
I watch more TV than my norm
I keep closer track of Donald Trump 
And sit in the eye of the storm

Who would think that one muscle determines one’s fate? 
I try for a modicum of hope
Ice and rest and occasional stretching
Even so, it’s a slippery slope 



No comments:

Post a Comment