Monday, January 9, 2017

First Tweets

I have to admit I am out of the loop
I never have learned how to tweet
I do know they’re one forty characters max
And when written in rhyme they’re quite sweet

The next time we see our grandkids
I will ask them to teach me some Twitter
In the meantime I’m practicing writing tweets
Here’s a few that have led me to titter

Hello Hello to all my dear friends
I am tweeting for the very first time
I’m going to tell you what’s new in my life
And I’ll try to avoid all the grime
(#FirstTimeTweeting)

I purchased three quarts of spumoni
Then hid them downstairs in the freezer
I chose not to share a dish with my wife
Since she thinks me a selfish old geezer
(#IceCreamStash)

I haven’t slept well for umpteen years
Now my doc’s saying Ambien’s bad
I suppose he thinks I’m addicted
But no Ambien and I’ll be ultra sad
(#NoAmbien)

The vet’s office called with a question last week
They offered us two Labradoodles
Our hearts skipped a beat when we pondered this
If we do it we’re out of our noodles
(#TwoLabradoodles)

I drove Katja out to the suburbs
She nagged me each mile of the way
“Look out!,” “Slow down!,” she yelled in my ears
I encouraged her to silently pray
(#DrivingAdvice)

Our dishwasher went on the fritz
Our service agreement’s from Sears
They said they could come in twenty-nine days
That’s better than twenty-nine years
(#BadServiceAgreement)

My wife chats with strangers at the airport
A habit that makes me uneasy
I never can think of something to say
So I just stand around looking queasy
(#AirportChitchat)  

We are back from our holiday vacation
Life at home seems to be rather boring
We go nowhere and we do nothing
My most robust action is snoring
#LifeIsBoring

Katja wants to get a new car
Our old car has 80K miles
It strikes me it’s running perfectly fine
So I simply reply with vague smiles
(#Don’tNeedNewCar) 

I’m taking these pills for blood sugar
They’re useful for staying alive
I have to pay about eight cents a day
That’s o.k. if they help me survive
(#CheapPills)

The wristband broke on my Fitbit
Now I carry it in my pocket instead
I never get close to ten thousand steps
You might say I’m a Fitbit Dumbhead
(#FitbitFailure)

We are cooped up by such freezing weather
I need to get out of the house
And then making matters even worse
Our kitchen’s now home to a mouse
(#MouseHouse)

Maybe it’s two mice who live in our kitchen
They get crumbs in the middle of the night
I’m thinking of buying some mousetraps
Though murder seems quite impolite
(#Don’tMurderSmallVisitors)

So these are the tweets that I’ve dreamed up so far
Possibilities, of course, are quite endless
I’m eager to send out my very first tweet
I hope I don’t prove to be friendless



No comments:

Post a Comment